After a long Friday, we decided to rendezvous in Connecticut for Mexican food. Mikie, Hannah and I sat down to milk, a bottle, and a strawberry daiquiri (respectively). By the time Mike and Krista arrived, and we ate dinner, I was ready for a break from Mikie. Since we drove separately, I convinced Mike to take my car and drive the kids home.
As Krista and I pulled into the driveway, we saw Mikie, standing near the closed garage doors, looking lost. Mike was no where to be seen.
Mom: "Mikie, why are you standing outside?"
Mikie: "I was trying to get in to tell Dad something."
We're really NOT bad parents. In reality, Mikie asked to play outside, which Mike let him do. He specifically left the door to the deck open so that Mikie could come in and out. Unfortunately, Mikie didn't realize this; hence the confusion.
And so was born the joke of the weekend:
Mikie: "Knock, knock"
Dad: "Who's there?"
Mikie: "Mikie"
Dad: "Mikie who?"
Mikie: "Let me in, you moron."
Okay, I take back the "we're good parents" comment. Mike did teach our son the word "moron."
Love, The Trahans
November 2012 . in pictures
13 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment