Wednesday, November 04, 2009

Trick or Treat

I recognize that as soon as Hannah can talk, she will be as opinionated as her brother. Honestly, at the rate she is going, she may be more so. As Mikie demands what he wants to be for Halloween in June, so, I'm sure, will Hannah. And, if she is like every other girl I see on Halloween, I'm sure she will want to be Dora the Explorer, Jasmine, Belle, or some other random Disney Princess.

So, I took this as the only opportunity I will have to dress her in a costume of my choosing. Since Mike and Mikie dressed in theme last year, I thought it only fitting to continue the tradition. So, with Mikie dressed as Luke Skywalker, and Mike dressed as his father, Lord Vader, Hannah needed a Star Wars costume too. The obvious choice would have been Leia, but look at how creepy the costume is:While I know she may despise me when she's older for not dressing her as a butterfly or something cute and girly, I didn't need to give her more fuel for the fire. The baby wig is just plain creepy. So, we decided on the cutest thing in the Star Wars movies: an Ewok. The boys were in love with the idea. And, although, Mikie was disappointed her costume didn't come with a spear or other weapon, Hannah seemed to enjoy her fuzzy duds.I wonder if we can find an equally appropriate theme next year. Jessie, Woody, & Andy? Sandy, Spongebob & Patrick? Somehow, I think we will end up with Mikie as the action hero of the moment and Hannah as a princess. But, we'll see. Happy Belated Halloween!

Love, The Trahans

No comments: