Monday, December 14, 2009

Sparky's House

Mike and I love the movie "National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation". Any holiday is an excuse to spout random quotes from the movie. "And why is the carpet wet, Todd? I don't know, Margo." "Grace? Grace died thirty years ago. THE BLESSING." And, all time favorite: "Is your house on fire, Clark?"

When you see the video and pictures of our neighbor's Christmas light display, you can understand how excited I get when I see the first tacky lawn ornament go up. Every drive by reminds me of turning on the nuclear back-up at the power plant. Every time I see that Santa flying through the sky, I think of Bethany singing the National Anthem on the front lawn.

A daytime glimpse of all the "lovely" lawn ornaments during setup:Sparky's House during a snowy December evening:
Brings whole new meaning to the question "Is your house on fire?"

Happy Holidays.

Love, The Trahans

1 comment:

Jenn said...

"the little lights, they are not twinkling Clark." "I know and thanks for noticing Art" Great flick, a favorite in the Currey household as well.