For the next six hours, I don't know what we did. But we were TRYING to get ready to leave to run errands (returns, shopping, etc.) Somehow, between showers, baths, lunch, cleaning, etc. we didn't get out of the house until 2pm. As I struggled to get Hannah to stand still long enough that I could change her diaper (yes, I said stand. . . it takes an act of God to get her to lay still long enough to change her), I sighed and said to no one in general "What are we going to do with these kids."
Now, I say this frequently. . . in the car coming home from work. . . at bath time when everyone has flooded the bathroom with splashing. . . in the morning when no one will leave me alone long enough to finish making lunches. It's one of those rhetorical questions, almost a small prayer to God to give me the patience to outlast the two of them. But Mikie, always quick with a response, said "Love us and take us shopping for toys. Isn't that what you were going to say." To which I joked, "Actually, I was thinking 'sell you'. But I guess that works."
by approximately 3:30, we had arrived at Toys 'R Us. And, Mikie had successfully managed to convince us that he needed another Lego set (he did have gift cards from Christmas). While lingering in the Lego aisle, Nibbles got frustrated with the shopping cart, and, in an effort to stop her from climbing out, I took her out to walk around. Stubborn as she is, she refused to walk, instead preferring to sit in the aisle. And, having told her "no crawling on the floor" she did the only thing that I hadn't specifically instructed her NOT to do: she climbed onto a shelf.
Obviously, we need to work on her accounting skills. Because, of the two of them, she doesn't talk back (although she did bite my arm during bath time this morning). So, I'm sure she could ask $100 easily. . .(I love how she peeks her head out, scoping out other shoppers to see if she can find someone to rescue her. . .)
Love, The Trahans
1 comment:
I'll go $70.00
Da
Post a Comment