Wednesday, May 12, 2010

This Moment Brought To You By Mikie

You'd think after five and a half years, I would learn to watch what I say around Mikie. . .

Sunday, May 9th. Time = 3pm. It's Mother's Day, but, because I am heading out of town on business tomorrow, Mikie and I head out to run some important errands: get a hair cut, pick up business cards at Staples, take Mikie for ice cream, go to Target. . .

Mikie: "Why can't we go to ice cream first?"

Mom: "Because, if Staples doesn't have mommy's business cards done, they are going to have to keep working FOR FREE while we get ice cream."

Mikie: "Why?"

Mom: "Because I need those cards before the store closes today."

Fast forward a few minutes. We are now in Staples. I inform the clerk that I placed an order for business cards the day before, but that I'm not sure if they are ready yet.

Clerk: "I'll check. What's your name?"

Mom: "Trahan, Lauren. Someone was supposed to call me, but I didn't get a message, so I'm not sure if they're ready yet."

Mikie: "And if they aren't, YOU have to keep working FOR FREE!"

At that moment, the clerk looks up at me and hands me the box of business cards. Unable to avoid her gaze, I chuckle, wanting to say, "thankfully, no one has to do THAT."

Sure that was awkward. But, I can't imagine if he regurgitated EVERYTHING I said. . .

Love, The Trahans

No comments: