Wednesday, August 04, 2010

Driving Miss Daisy

Hannah is obsessed with the Little Tikes Cozy Coupe. Originally, I thought it was an obsession with ride-on toys. So, we brought Mikie's BMW up from the basement. Nothing. We had some success with Mikie's tricycle, but Hannah is still too short for her feet to reach the pedals. By the second time Toys 'R Us offered $20 off any Little Tikes item, we broke down and purchased Hannah her own car.

You would think that having her own car would keep her entertained for hours. Unfortunately, the Cozy Coupe has a floorboard that can be removed to drive Flintstones-style, or left in for little kids so that the mom and dad can push them around without risk of running over legs.

Now, there is NO WAY I would have installed the floorboard. I mean, her only experience with this car is at daycare, where the kid power fuels these vehicles. The last thing I want is a toy that requires me to hunch over and push my prima donna toddler around the house all night. My chiropractor already makes enough off of me, thank you very much. Mike didn't follow the same train of thought. . .

Luckily, Mikie has BOUNDLESS amounts of energy and all but jumped at the opportunity to push his sister around. You can watch a video of his devotion to his sister by clicking here.

Love, The Trahans

No comments: