I am convinced Hannah believes that everyone on this planet is here to serve her. For the longest time, she called Mike (and many other people) "Mommy". At first I thought, she didn't understand that Mike was "Daddy". I would ask her, "Where's daddy?" and she would look at me with this cheeky grin, as if to say, "I'm not going to tell you. You know darn well where he is." When Mike would come home from work, she would look at me and yell, "Mommy's home!" and run towards the door. If Mike was near the refrigerator she would yell, "Water, Mommy!" Mike would ask, "Do you want me to get you water", to which she would emphatically shake her head "yes". It quickly became apparent that in Hannah's mind, "Mommy" was synonymous with "servant".In addition, Hannah yells/barks just about everything that comes out of her mouth. She walks into a room, and if you don't immediately acknowledge her presence, you here, "HEY!" Mike didn't notice her walk into the office one morning and thought Mikie was talking to him. He was shocked to see the little princess standing in the doorway.
While her vocabulary is becoming more and more extensive, her pronunciation lacks something. Namely, the letter "R". She has a terrible Massachusetts accent. I am trying to convince her that there really are 26 letters of the alphabet. Her favorite word (other than "no") is "mine". Everything is "MY TUCK" (my truck), "MY JUICE BOX", "MY WAH-DUH" (my water). If she wants me to herself, she will attempt to block Mikie by pushing him out of the way with her butt while grabbing onto me yelling "MY MOMMY."
The only positive to come out of this possession is "MY BOTH-AH" (my brother). The majority of the time she adores Mikie. On her terms. If he comes in and gives her a hug, after three seconds of giggles, she ends up pushing him away whining. We frequently have to tell him to let go because Hannah doesn't want to be hugged. Poor Mikie. She wants to do everything he does. If Mikie has ice cream, Hannah wants ice cream. If Mikie is watching movie's in the car, Hannah wants to watch movies in the car. Conversely, she is already smart enough to know the routine. The other night, she was upstairs getting ready for bed, and ran to the top of the stairs and screamed down "NIGHT-NIGHT" at Mike and Mikie because they hadn't come upstairs to get ready for bed.She loves a few things other than her brother. Elmo is a big favorite. When she was home sick one day, I turned on Sesame Street. I thought she was going to explode, she was so excited to see that Elmo was on TV. She kept running over to the TV and waving at him, petting the TV, not really grasping that he couldn't see her. She has an Elmo doll that she carries around. I got her Elmo slippers recently (since they combine her love of shoes with her love of a furry red monster). I asked her if she showed Elmo her slippers, and she marched over and waved her foot over the doll's head.
Speaking of footwear, the Diva is obsessed with shoes and accessories. She has at least six purses, but it doesn't stop her from marching into my closet and demanding to be given some of mine. She is equally possessive of my shoes. She prefers my flip flops (not thongs, she doesn't like them between her toes), slippers, and pumps. Zero desire to wear my boots or sneakers, although she LOVES to wear Mike and Mikie's sneakers. I hate to admit it, but she gets around pretty well in my high heels. For Christmas, Grandma Pookie got her a Princess Fiona costume, some necklaces and a purple evening bag. Our friends Matt and Catherine sent her fairy wings, feather boa, and wrist scarves. As you can see from the pictures, she was totally taken with her new appearance.

Between the sassy attitude and the air of entitlement, I think we have a rough road ahead of us. I cringe less at the thought of college and more at the thought of how elaborate a wedding this one is going to want, assuming she finds someone she deems "worthy" of her attention.Love, The Trahans
No comments:
Post a Comment