Hannah is very excited about having a birthday. I know she doesn't comprehend the significance. She does, however, understand that it comes with candles and singing. It started after Christmas. She heard us sign "Happy Birthday, Baby Jesus" (a little tradition we have done since I was little) and blow out the candles, and it all went down hill. Now, anytime she sees a candle, she wants to sing and blow it out, regardless of whether it is a birthday candle or a household candle.
Then, one cold snowy day (they are all starting to run together), Hannah demanded "Happy to You!", I decided to grab some Hostess Mini Chocolate Chip Muffins, and put a birthday candle in it. In essence, I created a monster. Because now, everytime I try and serve breakfast, Hannah wants candles and singing. You can see video here.
Cute monster, but monster none the less. Maybe after her actual birthday comes and goes, we can break this habit.
Love, The Trahans
November 2012 . in pictures
13 years ago
2 comments:
So cute!! Well, cute if you're not there or if it's after the fact. I'm sure you're not that happy about it at the moment! :)
No, it's was still cute. It just gets old after the fifth or sixth time in a row.
Post a Comment