Naturally, while compiling the video of Mikie's last hockey practice, I couldn't help but think back about the first time Mike and Mikie played street hockey in our driveway, the first time Mikie put on skates (age 2 1/2), his first skating lessons where we had to bribe him to stand up and NOT eat ice shavings off the ice, his first hockey clinic. . .

Next up in the cue: the video of Mikie's first hockey class from 2010. I remember thinking the coaches were insane, expecting the kids to dive across the ice, and jump back up. Again, the footage was accelerated.
Lastly, April 2011. The last practice of this season. Real time (NOT accelerated). He still has a way to go before he can play for the Bruins (on a good day), but he can skate circles around me. Especially when skating backwards, because I can't skate backwards.

If I get this nostalgic at the end of each hockey season, I better invest in P&G stock now for all the Puffs I'll need for high school graduation.Love, The Trahans
No comments:
Post a Comment