So, with the weather nice on Memorial Day, we decided to take Hannah to play her first round of miniature golf. She was pleased to have her own "hockey stick" (her words, not ours. . . I tried to tell her it was a golf club). But, try as I might, she didn't even attempt to hit the ball with the puck. In fact, when I tried to show her how to swing the club, she just got mad and, taking a page from Elin Nordegren, started swinging her club wildly in my direction.
So, while the rest of us played, Hannah (aka, Scarlet Trahan) enjoyed people watching and running after our balls to retrieve them. Unfortunately, this was while we were trying to play, making it next to impossible to keep score. Not really a problem for Mikie (who finishes a hole in under 30 seconds), but a big problem for me, who finished the back nine by "teeing off" and letting Hannah chase them. It solved two problems: 1) keeping Hannah happy (relatively speaking) and entertained and 2) keeping Hannah from retrieving other people's golf balls from other parts of the course.
The hat is a hoot, right? As a teaser, she has a matching lady bug bathing suit to match. If the weather warms up again, I promise to take pictures. In the meantime, Hannah is doing her best to emulate Scarlet O'Hara's headwear as well as her attitude.
It is also important to note, although Hannah may look like me, Hannah was clearly switched at birth. Mikie, like his mother, loves ice cream. He would eat it multiple times a day, and always has room for ice cream, no matter how much (or little) he just ate. Hannah? I can't tell you how many ice creams this kid wastes. Luckily, most ice cream comes free with her dinner at Friendly's. And, even when we pay for ice cream for her (like after our golf outing), Mikie is MORE than happy to eat hers for her (after he inhales his own).Love, The Trahans
4 comments:
aww mini goofballs!!! hope you got some ice cream :)
Of course! It was really bordering on 90 degrees, so we needed it. Although, in all honesty, Mikie and I would have eaten ice cream even if it was 50 degrees out.
Well Morgan and Jenna will gladly take Hannah to ice cream! They'd be glad to eat any leftovers. :)
Cutest hat ever! Hannah could totally be my partner next time since I suck at mini-goofballs.
Post a Comment