Since she was old enough to stand, Hannah has been wasting water. She likes to flush the toilet, even if she didn't make a deposit. And, if she does, she feels compelled to flush more than once. She will wash her hands repeatedly just so she can splash in the water. And, my least favorite, she will request a cup of water, take a sip, dump the rest, only to request more immediately after.
So began my running joke: every time Hannah does something to waste water, energy or generally waste natural resources, I joke that Al Gore called.
On Monday, Mikie was reading his summer reading to Mike and I. When he finished, I remembered that the principal had called earlier to invite us (and all incoming second graders) to an open house. After praising him for doing such a good job with his reading, I said, "I almost forgot, do you know who called earlier?" To which Mikie responded, without skipping a beat, "Al Gore?"
Even funnier since I don't think Mikie could pick Al Gore out of a line-up.
Love, The Trahans
November 2012 . in pictures
13 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment