I apologize in advance to our friend's, Chris and Christine. But, this story was too funny not to post.
Our good friends, Chris and Christine, have a son, Matthew, who is 4 months younger than Mikie. It's great because we can get together and the boys entertain each other. Although, I've noticed some differences.
Matthew and Chris came to visit one weekend. Mikie was thrilled to show Matthew his "Whac-a-Mole" toy. The toy is noisy on its own. Add to the lights and sounds, Mikie with a hammer yelling "BAM" every time he hits the innocent mole (or gopher as he calls it). Matthew ran up to me informing me that it was "too loud". Welcome to my world. Being a nice friend (at least for that moment), Mikie set down his hammer for a quieter game they both were interested in playing.
Evidently, personality isn't the only thing that differentiates these two. We spent last weekend visiting the Ryans. Mikie, fully potty trained, stopped playing to use the potty. Matthew, still learning, was interested in watching Mikie pee. The first potty break went without incidence. Later in the evening, Mikie had to go again, and Matthew stood right next to the bowl to get a closer look. Mid stream, Matthew points to Mikie's penis and announces, "You have a big chicken. Matthew's chicken is little." Mikie, looked down to see what Matthew was talking about and announced "That's not a chicken, that's my penis".
Of course, I was laughing to the point of crying. While I had heard that Matthew referred to a certain part of his anatomy as his "chicken", I never expected him to size up Mikie's. And, I didn't think Mikie would figure out what Matthew was referring to either.
Love,
The Trahans
November 2012 . in pictures
13 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment