Mike can be quite a wise ass. When we watch the Red Sox, and a player comes up to bat that I don't recognize, we tend to have the following conversations:
Lauren: "Who is this loser?" Because, anyone I don't know is assumed to be a loser.
Mike: "Bailey."
Lauren: "I gathered that from the name on his jersey. Who is Bailey?"
Mike: "A baseball player."
Lauren: "Thank you, Captain Obvious. I know he is a baseball player, since I am watching the game. Is he new? Is he up from Pawtucket? Where did he come from?"
You can see where I am going. He thinks he is incredibly funny. And, unfortunately for me, the apple doesn't fall far from the tree.
Every Friday at "school", Mikie's class celebrates the letter of the week by bringing in an item from home that begins with the letter they studied that week. Mikie refers to it as "Bring a Toy to School Day." But, I am sure the teachers didn't intend for it to be restricted to toys. Last week was letter "T" week. Since Mikie is starting kindergarten, I was asking him questions to help him practice his letters:
Mom: "So, if this week is letter 'T' week, what letter is next week?"
Mikie: singing the alphabet to himself "W."
Mom: "No, just regular 'U'."
Mikie: "Oh. What begins with 'U'?"
Mom: "Umbrella. . . underpants. . . "
Mikie: "Mom, what is something fun that begins with 'U'?"
Mom: ". . . underwater. . . utensils. . . "
Mikie: "Mom, it needs to be a tu-tu-tu-TOY. That's why it's called 'Bring a TOY to School'."
He sounded just like me when I am sounding out the letters, trying to help him figure out what letter something starts with. As if I didn't understand the word. Or, didn't know what the difference between underpants and a toy were. As if that wasn't bad enough, he reminded us again today by asking "What's something fun that begins with 'U' and don't say 'umbrella' or 'underpants'."
Feel free to send your suggestions, as I only have three more days to come up with a "U" item that is "fun".
Love, The Trahans
Monday, June 01, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
He can bring the Uno game to school. But wait, the word should probably be in English.
Ukalale!
I suggested Uno. But, he told me that they have that at school already so he doesn't want to bring it in. The teacher changed it up. This week is actually U/V week, so I think we will bring in his leapster since it's a "video" game.
Post a Comment