If you don't know me well (and haven't already come to this conclusion from reading this blog), I like to sing. But, not in the normal way that someone might sing in the shower or in the car (although I DO sing in the car). No, I prefer to sing at random times throughout the day. And, typically inappropriate things. Example: I hum "Jingle Bells". What's odd about that? I hum "Jingle Bells" ALL YEAR ROUND. It's just such and upbeat song, it makes me smile.
I don't stop at humming Christmas carols. I like to sing songs to the kids: some I make up, and some favorite hits. During bath time, I have a tendency to sing RuPaul's "Cover Girl", Right Said Fred's "I'm Too Sexy", and Rod Stewart's "Do Ya Think I'm Sexy". Hannah thinks it is hysterically funny (could be because I'm not the best singer). Unfortunately, Mikie has overheard me singing a few too many times. Last week, while I was bathing Hannah, he stormed into the bathroom, butt naked, and began singing:
Mike and I spent the remainder of the evening trying to explain that, although we found it incredibly amusing, he couldn't sing that song or call anyone "sexy". Because, the low point in Mikie's kindergarten experience would be if I had to explain to school personnel why my son asked his teacher if she thinks he's sexy. . .
Love, The Trahans
November 2012 . in pictures
13 years ago
3 comments:
OMG - I am laughing so hard I have tears running down my face! And once again - proving we are separated at birth - I sing the most random, made up, ridiculously outdated songs to the kids, all the time.
and I'm back again - at work - laughing out loud at this video. Why oh why do I think this is so freaking hilarious?!?
I can't stop watching it either. I even showed Hannah yesterday, since she kept yelling up the stairs for Mikie. She thought he was funny (and was curious how he got in the computer.)
Post a Comment