Tuesday, February 09, 2010

Only Mikie

Only Mikie manages to get pee on his shirt. And not in any way you would guess (really bad aim, shirt tucked into underwear, etc.). . .

Mom: "Mikie, how come you are wearing a different shirt?"

Teacher: "He had an accident."

Mom: "How do you get pee on your shirt?"

Mikie: "I was playing Simon Says."

Mom: "You know you have to stop playing when you need to use the bathroom."

Mikie: "But Chris said 'Simon says act like a baby.'"

Yes, only Mikie takes a game serious enough to pee his pants and then roll around on the floor in the puddle. . .

Only Mikie yells "Mom, stop torturing her!" in a public place, loud enough to draw everyone's gaze, when you are trying desperately to comfort his baby sister. Granted, I should have known this would happen, because, at two, only Mikie would yell "You're not my mother" when he didn't want to leave daycare with you. . .

Only Mikie thinks that it is amusing to run around naked. Okay, I exaggerate. I am sure other kids like to run around naked as well. Especially when they are toddlers. But, only Mikie rips off his shirt in the middle of school like he is a Chippendale. And, only Mikie thinks it is socially acceptable to push the envelope (or push me over the edge) by taking off his pants as well. Yes, as much as I wish I were exaggerating, this is true. Again, I probably should have seen this coming, because, while many preschool boys have peed on the playground, only Mikie called the teacher over first to "show her something really cool". . .

Only Mikie. He is smart enough to know how to write, but too smart to be bothered writing the same thing over and over again for homework. He acts out, and when threatened with going to the principal, asks the teacher how long would he have to go, as if weighing "What would be more fun: sitting in class, or hanging out with the principal?". . .For all of his idiosyncrasies, only Mikie gives bear hugs that will knock you over, willingly disposes of his sister's smelliest diapers, searches high and low for her missing pacifier, offers to share his candy (most of the time), and has to be told (frequently) that you can't "just hug people" because he is so affectionate. He drives me crazy, but at least he gives me many things to laugh about.

Love, The Trahans

No comments: