Saturday, January 15, 2011

Mom's Best Christmas Present Ever!

I have wanted a digital SLR camera since Mikie started running faster than the shutter speed on my regular camera. I had tried making the camera take multiple shots in succession in hopes of getting one good picture to no avail. Mike upgraded my camera for my birthday a year before Hannah was born which helped slightly. As Mike started playing soccer, my desire for a digital SLR camera grew. With very few ideas of what else to get me for Christmas, Mike broke down and bought me one. And, not just anyone, a Nikon D5000.

I am no photography expert, but, I am amazed by how much nicer my photos look. And, this is without me editing them, which, incidentally I can now do ON THE CAMERA, as opposed to uploading and Photoshopping for hours on end.

These are some of my favorites, mostly because they perfectly capture my kids' personalities. Alas, I can't take credit for them (the photos, not the kids), since Mike actually took all four of these pictures:

Mikie, full of love for life. . . Hannah, scathing mad when she doesn't get her way. . .looking cute as a button when she realizes others are watching and that she needs to keep up the ruse of innocence.So, if you like the photos on the blog going forward, you can thank Mikie. Because, until I find free time (ha ha) to read the fancy book he bought me to go with the camera, the credit for the pictures is owed more to the camera than the photographer.

Love, The Trahans

1 comment:

Christie said...

hmmmm, yea, that Sony camera manual that came with my camera. Unread for two years and counting...