We started the month by going to Sesame Street Live: Elmo's Green Thumb at the Lowell Memorial Auditorium. I have to say, it was a great location. I can never tell how big a place is from the seating charts on Ticketmaster, so I ordered seats on the floor. But, the Auditorium is pretty small. I think we would have had a great view anywhere we sat. It wasn't packed; there were empty seats and room for the kids to dance in the aisles.
In spite of the fact that he was the oldest kid in the Auditorium, Mikie was a good sport and seemed to enjoy the plot line. Hannah had such a good time, she passed out 10 minutes before the show ended.
In the "actual" birthday weekend, we traveled to Pennsylvania to visit Grandma Pookie and Grand Da. Granted, I had an ulterior motive of ditching the kids so Mike and I could have 24 hours or peace. We stayed at the Lowes Hotel in Philadelphia, had deep tissue massages, ate at Del Frisco's for dinner and ordered room service for breakfast. Oh, and the kids had fun too. My parents took them to the Strasbourg Railroad to ride the trains, followed by dinner at Friendly's. They also had fun sleeping on the pull out sofa together. . .
The highlight of the month of February was the day I sent cupcakes into daycare. When I picked her up, Hannah would not stop talking about "Hannah's cakes". I think she had seen other kids celebrate their birthday and liked being the center of attention.All leading up to today. Hannah's birthday party. My grandiose plans on a snowy day in January had a guest list with all our friends and family, an elaborate cake, games themed around Sesame Street (a beanbag toss of "trash" into Oscar's trashcan, pin the cookie on Cookie monster, an Elmo pinata). In the end, we settled on a handful of family, ziti, cake, and a pinata (mostly because I already bought it two months ago). I did still make the cake, which, I must say, is one of my favorites.
In the end, Hannah had a good time. Who am I kidding, Hannah always has a good time when she is the center of attention.
Happy Belated Birthday, Princess.Love, The Trahans
No comments:
Post a Comment