Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Unappreciated

As a belated birthday present, my sister, Katie, and her husband, Marta (Uncle Tay for short), bought Hannah more dress up stuff. The girl can now open a boutique she's got so many shoes and purses. Well, so many in Mike's eyes, not Hannah's.

I decided to document Hannah opening her gift, since Auntie Katie and Uncle Tay live in the South and love video of Hannah. What we ended up getting was evidence that Hannah loves Uncle Tay more than Auntie Katie. We've all suspected it. Since birth, Hannah would love to sit with Marta, even over me, a point Marta loves to brag about. When they come to visit, they fight over who gets to hold her first. . .

As you will hear at the end of the first section of video, Hannah looks straight at the camera and says "Thank you, Tay." While I hoped opening the shoes would help her focus more on thanking Auntie Katie too, it was only after repeatedly thanking Marta that she gets around to Katie.

In Hannah's defense, Katie did buy a "first birthday" card, so maybe she was pissed that her Aunt can't even remember how old she is. I wouldn't put it past her; this child can hold a grudge like nobody's business. I have no idea where she gets it from. . .

Love, The Trahans

No comments: