Sunday, April 17, 2011

What's Wrong With This Picture?

For those blog readers who get the Trahan Family Calendar at Christmas, you know that April has a picture of Hannah and Mikie with the Easter Bunny. Seeing it at work and realizing Easter is a week away, I felt inspired to drag the kids to the mall to see the Easter Bunny.

For once, everything was going according to plan. Mikie (begrudgingly) agreed to wear "spiffy" clothes that did not include sweatpants or a shirt proclaiming his awesomeness. I was able to make Mikie's hair lay flat. Both kids were excited to see the Easter Bunny. We got to the mall before it opened, making us the first people in line when the most famous bunny made his appearance. . .

Alas, it went downhill from there.

As you can see, the picture only contains one child. I know what you're thinking, and, no, I did not successfully give away my second born child (even if I did find someone naive enough, I'm sure they would bring her back in less than an hour). After 25 minutes spent waiting to see the Easter Bunny, Hannah refused to sit with him. Not on his lap. . .not next to him. . . not next to Mikie. . . not even in the Bunny garden. Since she was happy to wave hello from afar, I thought she might be happy to stand in front of them and just say hi. But, Hannah's definition of afar was outside of the little picket fence surrounding the Bunny garden.

So, the picture only contains Mikie. Fine, I never have enough pictures of Mikie making a goofy face. Oh wait, I do.

Right after I paid $30 plus tax for a photo session including just one of my offspring, I noticed another problem. Evidently, Mikie had to unbutton his shirt to get it on. And, in the process, buttoned the top button through the bottom button hole. Hence why the stripes aren't laying right near his collar.

Next year I won't try so hard.

Happy almost Easter!

Love, the Trahans

1 comment:

Christie said...

you are nicer than I am - I know you've seen my Santa picture where I told Santa to hold on tight and just snapped the picture of her screaming. I wanted it for posterity. :-)

http://thehudsonsblog.blogspot.com/2009/12/santa-list.html