In honor of her birthday (no, I won't sing), Mikie picked out a lovely card. Actually, he picked it out as a wedding card for my cousin John's wedding (since it has a tongue sticking out on the front, it wasn't exactly appropriate). However, it was befitting of Auntie Katie. . .
In addition to the sentimental card, Mikie has picked out the most thoughtful gift for his favorite Aunt. . . a playground. By thoughtful, I meant he thought of what would benefit him. Not unlike his favorite aunt. Two peas in a pod. He said that he would rent a truck so she could drive it to her house and put it together so she could play on it with "a lot of toys". When I informed him that Auntie Katie lives in a little house with Bud & Henri (Mikie's favorite fuzzy friends), he seemed very upset. The conversation went like this:Me: "Auntie Katie lives in a little house. She doesn't have room for a playground. She can use the one at her school, and she can come play on your swingset."
Mikie: "I have a BIG house, with lots of toys."
Me: "Yes, you do." You don't have to remind me, because your dad and I pay the mortgage.
Mikie: "We can build Auntie Katie a BIG house so that she can have lots of toys AND a playground."
Okay, so building Katie a big house IS more thoughtful than gifting her a swingset that he can use when visiting. However, I THINK he might have a warped sense of how much money we have. Just slightly. I mean, I know the cost of living is less in North Carolina than in Massachusettes. But, if I had that kind of cash lying around, I think Mike and I would be on some beach with our nanny right now.
So, to Katie, the old maid. If I win the lottery, I promise to build you a BIG house.
Happy Birthday.
Love, The Trahans
No comments:
Post a Comment