Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Mother's Day

To celebrate Mother's Day, my mom flew up for the weekend. We all drove down to Misquamicut to visit Grandma Kerrie. Mikie had painted some lovely sculptures for the two Grandma's. He wanted to paint snakes for both, but I convinced him that we should look for something else for Grandma Pookie (since I didn't think she would appreciate a snake as much as Grandma Kerrie). Unfortunately, I haven't gotten the pictures developed of the Mother's Day gifts, because they were quite the site (Grandma Kerrie somehow thought her snake was a bong. . . )
While Mike, my mom and I all enjoyed breakfast, Mikie helped Grandma Kerrie take orders. He's cheap labor; all he asks in return is to work the ice cream machine. So, after eating only a chocolate donut for breakfast, Mikie feasted on a large cup of chocolate ice cream.
As we were about to get on 95-North, we got a call that Gram, Auntie Di, Auntie Shell and Arcangelo were at the beach. So, we turned around for another two hours of fun. Mikie had taken Norm's request to heart, and attempted to push the sand pile around on the beach. Arcangelo, who was initially distressed at the mess Mikie was getting into, quickly decided that if you can't beat them, join them. See some of their antics here:


The best gift of the day: Mikie was so worn out he slept for three hours afterwards.

Happy Belated Mother's Day.

Love, The Trahans

No comments: