Okay, I don't have ten. But, Mikie has had some pretty good lines lately. Here's a run down of some of today's favorites:
1. Target: Mikie recognizes certain places by sight (chalk it up to effective brand marketing): Dunkin Donuts, Home Depot, and TARGET. His favorite place is Target, primarily because it sells toys. So, when we pulled up at the mall to get my bracelet shortened, he was disappointed to hear that there wasn't a Target inside. While I was trying to carry on a conversation with the sales girl, Mikie kept trying to interrupt me to tell me why we needed to leave and go to Target (he should really be on their payroll). His best excuse: "If we don't go to Target NOW, it may close on us FOREVER." While the economy may be weak, I feel confident that Target won't be closing forever. At least not this week.
2. Clothes: After the unproductive trip to the jewelers, we went in search of an outfit for Mikie to wear to my cousin's wedding in two weeks. As I tried to drag him into Gymboree, I explained that we needed to get him a nice shirt for the wedding. His response (which seemed to amuse the sales girl): "I don't want a nice shirt for the wedding. I can wear THIS shirt." I tried to explain that the faded orange T-shirt emblazoned with the words "I GET MY MUSCLES FROM MY DAD" was not appropriate formal wear. He didn't seem to believe me (or care).
3. Speed Racer: After Gymboree, we went to Sears in search of the elusive dress shirt. I figured it was safe, since Sears only sells toys at Christmas. However, they had a small display of Speed Racer toys strategically placed in the children's clothing section. Of course, Mikie NEEDED a Speed Racer car. So, I promised he could pick out one if he was good. He picked out one (the white Mach 5 car), but informed me that "On Tuesday, I can get the yellow car." When I told him that today WAS Tuesday, he said "On the FIRST Tuesday, I can get the yellow car." By the time we reached the front of the line, Tuesday became Friday. And, as we exited the store, he said "On Thursday, I can get the yellow car." Luckily, he has no concept of time, so he shouldn't be too upset when we don't make it back to the store in two days.
Love, The Trahans
November 2012 . in pictures
13 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment