Mike's family always tells me how, as a child, Mike used to analyze how things work. They would go out to a restaurant and he would say that swinging doors were like a "saloon in the Wild West". He took apart napkin holders. He was a born engineer.
Evidently, the apple really doesn't fall far from the tree. On Saturday, Mikie and I had lunch at Target. They had Pizza Hut pizza for Mom and Nibbles, and hotdogs for Mikie. Plus, the chairs swivled. Being that Nibbles hates the look and smell of hotdogs, we put a divider up between us and Mikie. So, I didn't realize until half way through my pizza that Mikie was crawling under the table.
Mom: "Mikie, what are you doing? Sit in your chair and finish your lunch."
Mikie: "I'm seeing how this works. I think it has brakes, Mom."
Mom: "I don't think the chair has brakes."
Mikie: "But, when I turn it this way, it spins and then it stops. See? It must have brakes."
At this point, I was regretting that I didn't immediately grab my camera phone to take a picture. But, before I could react, Mikie was back in his chair, eating his lunch.
They look alike, and they having matching personalities. Here's hoping Nibbles looks like me so I get some credit for the offspring I gave birth to.
Love, The Trahans
November 2012 . in pictures
13 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment