Sunday, October 12, 2008

Winning the War

I know that I've said it a million times, but my child reminds me of my sister. The latest antic: wearing weather inappropriate clothing. My sister loved to wear tights with her school uniform on hot days, and shorts in the dead of winter.

Anticipating eventually having to get two children ready for daycare each day, we've been encouraging Mikie to dress himself in the morning. He's been doing a good job (he remembers to change his underwear, and even puts on his socks), except that he insists on wearing shorts. And, every morning, we have to fight him to change out of shorts into pants.

This morning, after Mikie woke up and dressed himself in shorts and a short sleeved shirt, Mike went into his room and took all the shorts out of his dresser. Well, all except his soccer uniform and a bathing suit. So, unless Mikie decides to go to school in a bathing suit (which I wouldn't put past him), he will be forced to wear pants.

Oh how I love winning.

Love, The Trahans

No comments: