After weeks of anticipation, Christmas finally arrived. I have to admit, it didn't really FEEL like Christmas. Santa brought me a lovely head cold on the 23rd, that left me vomiting and in bed on the 24th. This meant no Christmas Eve mass, and no Christmas Eve party at Gram's for Nibbles and I. So, after a quick dinner of leftover macaroni and cheese, Mike and Mikie left Nibbles and I home watching "The Santa Claus" while they ventured off to Rhode Island.

In spite of only arriving home at 12:30am, Mikie seemed amazingly chipper when he awoke at 7:30 Christmas morning. As you can see in the
video, he raced downstairs, with Mike and I trying to keep up with the cameras to catch his reaction. Somehow, in his excitement, he passed right by his two big presents to grab his new "Scooby Doo Mystery Machine" from Grandma Kerrie that he received the night before. We had to point out that there were "more presents" before he looked around and took stock in everything. The two big presents: a trampoline for bouncing on (instead of bouncing on the furniture), and the castle.


We decided that we could have told Santa not to bother bringing anything else, because Mikie was not interested in most of his other gifts. He was ecstatic about all the "guys" that went with the castle (which Santa wrapped separately). Otherwise, as soon as he opened a present, he announced that he was going to go back and play with his castle. We also earned some classic comments like "It's just books" and "Not clothes again" (we only bought him ONE SWEATSHIRT). He was happier with the books come bedtime, but still hasn't worn the Puckman sweatshirt.

For those who were curious, Mike DID find Red Sox tickets under the Christmas tree. I never made it out of the virtual waiting room (I even tried during my 3am wake-up-and-pee break). By December 14th, I broke down, went to ticketsnow.com (Ticketmaster's resale website) and paid double the face value for tickets to see the Red Sox play the Tampa Bay Rays in May. It seemed like a steal, given the fact that people were asking $650 for seats to see the Red Sox play the Yankees that retail for $50.
Nibbles made out as well. Mikie picked out a pair of Winnie-the-Pooh PJs in every girl's favorite color, pink (I still haven't managed to convince him that not all girls like pink). Mike bought her some non-pink clothes, including little jeans with flowers embroidered on them and a purple knit sweater. Auntie Katie and Marta also bought her pale blue fleece dress with polka dot fleece pants to go underneath that is Mikie's favorite outfit (because, even though it isn't pink, it IS fuzzy). In addition, she is now the proud owner of an NC State bib, which she can wear to match her good friend Anna Hudson.
We got an extra present late on Christmas Day when Grandma Pookie, Grand Da, Auntie Katie and Katie's boyfriend, Marta, all arrived at our house. Since Katie also had a head cold, we spent the majority of their visit lounging around watching Mikie play with his presents. We had a big "Faux Christmas" dinner on the 26th, complete with ham, au gratin potatoes, sweet potatoes, asparagus, corn, crescent rolls, pineapple, applesauce, and apple pie for desert. I realize that you probably didn't care what we ate for dinner, but, I'm pregnant, so most of my excitement lately centers around food.
Hope you all had a happy (and healthy) Christmas.
Love, The Trahans
1 comment:
Who gave the NCSU bid? I'm a big fan!! I'm glad they are not swaying her to the "blue" side.
-Scott
Post a Comment