Wednesday, July 01, 2009

Mother of the Year

Because Mikie will be starting school in the fall (fingers crossed), he was eligible for "summer camp". It is run by the daycare out of the local elementary school. Benefit: it's cheaper, Mikie gets to familiarize himself with the school he will attend, it has more activities and field trips. Mainly, it's cheaper. Downside: it's in a different location, which requires me to drop off and pick up two kids at TWO different places.

Like most people in the work place, I operate on auto pilot when I get in the car in the morning. I travel the same route, to the same places. I am used to dropping Hannah off at door #1, driving around the corner of the building, dropping Mikie off at door #2, before driving the remaining 10 minutes to work. I don't think about where I am going; I think about the other cars on the road, and what I need to accomplish over the course of the day (between home and work).

Today was day eight of summer camp. And, today was the THIRD TIME I have forgotten to drop Mikie off at camp. I get to the turn for Crabtree, and then realize that Trouble is still in the back seat, watching his movies and eating his breakfast.

Thankfully, work and camp are 3 minutes from each other. So, I only end up a few minutes late for work. I laughed to another mother how confused I am having to go to two places. She admitted that she drove all the way to HARTFORD (an hour away) before she realized her child was sleeping in the car!

Love, The Trahans

No comments: