If you love the sound of a Boston accent, look no further than the Trahan household. Yes, my worst fears have become reality. . . Mikie talks like a Mass-hole.
I can't pinpoint when or how it happened. First, it was the occassional dropped 'r', like "cah" (translation: car) and "falk" (translation: fork). Next thing I know, EVERYTHING out of his mouth that has an 'o' or 'a' now sounds like the "aw" in Yawkey Way. Some examples from this weekend. I apologize in advance because I have no idea how to represent this phonetically. . .
"Mowm" = Mom
"Take the bun awf my haut dawg" = Take the bun off my hot dog
The best is when Mikie tells "knawk-knawk" jokes (translation: knock-knock jokes). Here is an audio clip from Friday night.
Usually, his knock-knock jokes make no sense, but this one was actually wicked funny. I'm not sure if it was because of the punchline, or because of his accent.
Love, The Trahans
Sunday, July 05, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment