Saturday, July 25, 2009

Killer Baby

Before I had Mikie, I always imagined I would have two kids, spaced three years apart. Mostly because Katie and I are three years apart in age, and I think we get along well together. I feared if my kids were born too close together, the oldest would be too young to appreciate the youngest. If they were born too far apart, they wouldn't be close because they wouldn't have anything in common. . .

Then Mikie turned two, and there was no way Mike or I could muster the energy to have a second. Especially if child number two had anything near Mikie's activity level. And so, three years turned into almost five years difference in age.

I guess things do work out for the best, because, so far, Mikie and Hannah are enamored with each other. Hannah is content to watch Mikie eat, play, bathe, watch cartoons, etc. for prolonged periods of time. And Mikie is the first to try and comfort her when she cries.

I will admit, there are times Mikie wishes Hannah were older. Best example, I picked them both up from daycare in June. To make my life a little easier, Mikie's teacher walked him over to Hannah's classroom at the end of the day, so I only had to stop in one place. All the girls loved to watch Mikie entertain them each afternoon. As I loaded everyone into the car, Mikie told me that "Campbell is a baby, but she WALKS." As if to imply that we got a dud. . .In spite of the fact that Hannah can't walk, this video is a perfect example of how much fun they have together. It reminds me of the scene from "Monty Python and the Holy Grail" with the Killer Bunny. She may not have huge sharp teeth, but she can drown you in drool!

Love, The Trahans

No comments: