Monday, August 10, 2009

A Girl After My Own Heart

My dad loves to tell people how, as a child, I tried to convince him that I had two stomachs: one for dinner, and a second one for dessert. So, no matter how little I ate of my dinner, I was never too full for dessert.

In comparison, Mikie seemed nothing like me. When I was pregnant with him, I threw up every time I tried to consume chocolate, no matter how small the amount. By the end of my nine months, abstaining from chocolate, I was convinced I was carrying someone else's child I will admit, since birth, he has redeemed himself. Taking after me, he now eats ice cream no matter what time of day or how cold it is outside. He drinks every last melted drop of his ice cream and then asks if he can "have a taste" of yours. Like the official tasters in a royal court. . .

Hannah on the other hand has been a chocolate lover since the beginning. She seemed to crave it in utero. I'm thankful that she doesn't have teeth, because I think she would bite us in a fit of rage every time we go to Friendly's and flaunt our frozen desserts in front of her. She literally salivates over the menu. I took these pictures on one of our recent trips:That's my girl. . . if I can't have the real thing, I'm going to eat this menu! Let's hope her lactose issues don't last beyond her first birthday. Otherwise, I'm going to buy stock in whoever makes Lactaid.

Unfortunately, I now need to figure out how my parents got around that dessert stomach argument before she can use it against me.

Love, The Trahans

No comments: