Mikie's daycare has a hot lunch program in conjunction with one of the local restaurants. For $5, you can sign up for a sandwich, hotdog, hamburger, or daily special, along with a drink, and side (typically fruit and chips). Very convenient for those mornings where I lack motivation to make Mikie a lunch (usually because I am racing out the door at the last minute). Mikie is VERY picky about what he will eat: turkey on white bread (in spite of the fact that he doesn't eat the bread) with mustard (he won't eat it without) or a hotdog with ketchup, mustard, and NO bun. If I don't get the order right, I typically get a lecture on how I should "always make him a lunch from home."
Monday ended up being a school lunch day for the Trahans. And, if I hadn't seen it with my own eyes, I would have SWORN that I checked hotdog on the lunch menu. But, when I dropped Mikie off on Tuesday morning, the teacher informed me that I had made a mistake and they ordered him a hamburger. Since Mikie hadn't mentioned it, I assumed it was no big deal.
On Tuesday evening, a second teacher asked me if anyone told me about the "Burger Drama". Evidently, as the teacher was passing out the lunches, she noticed Mikie stand up, walk over to the trash can, and throw his ENTIRE lunch bag in the trash. Confused, she went over, took the lunch out of the trash and opened the bag to find his hamburger and sides, completely untouched. When she questioned him, he told her he didn't like anything and would just eat ketchup.
Thankfully, they had some extra hotdogs from the camp cook-out and made him a hotdog for lunch, so he didn't have to go on a hunger strike.
He wouldn't survive a day in catholic school. I can still hear the nuns lecturing me because I didn't finish eating all of my peanut butter sandwich. . .
Love, The Trahans
Wednesday, August 12, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment