Saturday, August 22, 2009

Picture Day

Since Mikie is fast approaching the big 0-5, and Hannah is now six months old, we decided to take them both to have their pictures taken. We arrived at 10:30 am and were finished around lunch time. I don't know which was more exhausting, getting Hannah to smile, getting Mikie to smile normally (ie, not a cheese plastered on smile), or selecting what to order. While we were immersed in the chaos , I was expecting the shoot to yield a bunch of horrible pictures. However, I am impressed with the results:
HannahTrouble & Super NibblesAnd then there was Mikie:
This picture of Mikie makes me cry. Because, when I look at him every day, I don't notice how big he has gotten (although I tease him anytime he makes me lift him that he must have gotten bigger while I was at work). Then, I see these pictures and realize he is not a baby anymore. . . tall and lanky. . . just under four feet tall. . . 45 pounds. . . starting kindergarten on Wednesday. It seems like only yesterday he was blonde and chubby and looked like this: If I am this sentimental on Saturday, wait until my first day of school post on Wednesday. . .

Love, The Trahans

1 comment:

Kristine said...

Cute pictures, they came out really well. I can't believe how big Mikie is. Time sure does go by quickly.