Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Bust a Move

Since Hannah's arrival, it is more difficult to take Mikie to the movies. Primarily because if I am paying for a babysitter, I feel I should get my money's worth and go out with my husband, not my five year old (no offense, Mikie). Mikie doesn't seem bothered by this. In fact, I think he enjoys "making a movie theater" at home more than going out. We pop popcorn (we each have our own bowl), turn down the lights, and stay up past our bedtime watching a movie, just the three of us.

On Labor Day weekend, the feature presentation was "Underdog". Fabulous live action movie based on the cartoon, featuring Jim Belushi and Jason Lee as the voice of Underdog. Mikie loved it because he seems to love all live action movies with animals (Stuart Little, Hotel for Dogs, etc.). Mike and I liked it because, as family movies go, it was amusing.

At the end, Mikie was on a high (Underdog having saved the day). As the music blared and credits rolled, he couldn't sit still. He started dancing around, in the amusing way a five year old does that reminds me of a cross between "Kung Fu Panda" meets Elaine Benes dancing on "Seinfeld". In his free time (the five seconds it took us to start video taping him), he invented a new move called "The Twistie". Check out the video below. . . I promise it is very entertaining.



I can't wait to show him this when he's in college. I'm SURE he will appreciate it.

Love, The Trahans

No comments: