Unfortunately for her sake, Hannah is so pleasant, it is easy to neglect her in the chaos that is her brother. I spend such a large amount of time arguing with Mikie, catering to Mikie, working with Mikie on homework, trying to multitask and feed or entertain Hannah at the same time. She doesn't seem bothered by this (unless I stop feeding her breakfast in order to help Mikie with something. . . this girl is serious about eating). But, looking at the blog, I realize how little attention is given to our super sidekick. And, so I devote this post to Nibbles and her amazing new personal eccentricities that light up my day.
Like me, Hannah loves to sing in the car. Also like me, Hannah doesn't seem to know all the lyrics (although it may have something to do with the fact that she can't talk yet). When I turn on the radio (instead of books on CD), Hannah starts "singing" along. I managed to record her one night on my iPhone. Unfortunately, Blogger does not support audio. So I made a slide show of Hannah photos with her singing in the background.
In her effort to be as independent as Mikie, Hannah is desperately trying to walk. She has tried pulling herself up on toys (unfortunately, since they weigh less than she does, she typically succeeds in pulling the toy down on herself). I started putting her in Mikie's old walker. As you can see in the video, she succeeded in walking, albeit backwards.
Occasionally, she will attempt to crawl, usually when we have left her to her own devices and she is desperate to move to a new location. Alas, I have not succeeded in capturing this on video. Mostly, because I find her so pitiful, I run to rescue her. She looks like a sad little inchworm, scooting her legs up underneath her, then flailing around until she has succeeded in pushing her face forward along the carpet (a task which usually involves whimpering for added effect).
To take after Mikie, she has also learned my least favorite trick. . . splashing mom during bath time. I have to admit, I have a slightly higher tolerance for splashing when it's Hannah because she is so amused by it (and, while she is always happy, it is difficult to make her giggle). The amusement stops when my sleeves are completely soaked.
And, her quirky characteristic: she eats with one leg in the air.

Like a puppy peeing on a tree. It's like she is demonstrating her flexibility. Between this and her love of the little ballet barre at school, maybe she'll be a dancer. Assuming she didn't get my coordination and grace. Ha ha.Love, The Trahans
1 comment:
I have the same problem - my blog constantly features Connor and all of his crazy antics, but Anna is so well behaved (except at night) that she rarely gets a good story all to herself. I have to work on that...
BTW - LOVED the horn honking with her face - I just want to scoop her up and smother her with kisses.
Post a Comment