Yes, every Labor Day weekend, the local fairgrounds in Woodstock become overrun with carnies, rides, animals, tractors, go carts, music, and the scent of fried food. The question on everyone's lips is not "Are you going to the Fair" as much as "What day are you going to the Fair." Because, just as most civilized people recognize that there is only one "City", to locals, there is only one "Fair".
And so, in spite of last year's debacle, I agreed to go back for more. And, it was well worth the money. Mikie has grown a lot in the last year, and was now tall enough to ride more rides. So, while Mike and Mikie ran from ride to ride, Hannah and I had a fabulous time people watching. Well, Hannah's concept of people watching is really smiling/flirting at her adoring fans. And, oh the fans she has. Random children from town came running towards us yelling "NIBBLES" followed by "Where's Mikie?" I'm not sure which of my children is most popular. . .
Unfortunately, we didn't bring the camera or video phone (which would have been one more thing I had to lug around). So, the only picture we have is of Mikie mugging it up in the fun house:

Immediately after filming this video, Mike had to begin construction on the Temple of Doom Lego set. Two hours and fifteen minutes later, he had completed his masterpiece. Unfortunately, I can't show you a picture of the finished product, because Mikie decided it needed to be disassembled fifteen minutes after it was complete. Lucky for Mikie, it was his birthday. Otherwise, I think Mike would might thrown him out of the house in frustration. . .
The combination of Fair and presents, coupled with party hopping in Rhode Island and swimming with friends in New Hampshire was enough activity to make Mike and I long for a vacation from our vacation. Sadly, every weekend this month is occupied with as much activity, so we're not sure when we will get a break. Maybe October. . .
Love, The Trahans
No comments:
Post a Comment