Saturday, April 17, 2010

Easter

For whatever reason, Easter snuck up on me this year. It wasn't like I forgot about it. I was fully cognisant that "April 4th" was Easter Sunday. I made some purchases in advance to help the Easter Bunny out. But, as I stood in the grocery store on Holy Thursday, I realized I still didn't have any candy. And, being that the likelihood of me returning to the grocery store WITHOUT my kids in tow in the next 24 hours was slim, I purchased chocolate bunnies with them riding in the cart, hoping they "wouldn't notice" when the same bunnies were sitting in their Easter baskets on Sunday morning.

Which brings me to shameful Easter story number two: at 10pm on the eve of Easter, I realized that I did not have a basket for Hannah. We had numerous Easter baskets from when Mikie was little, so I planned on recycling one. Unfortunately, all of them were plush, and smelled musty from being stored in our basement. Which is how Hannah ended up the proud owner of the last iCarly Easter basket Walmart had in stock (Walmart being the only store open past 10pm near our house).

No one seemed to mind Easter morning as they hunted for eggs. Well, Mikie hunted. Hannah, who isn't a morning person on a good day, looked confused and annoyed that someone had the audacity to hide food on her. Mikie, who was happy to play the "Big Brother" role, found all of Hannah's eggs (which were "hidden" in inconspicuous places like the middle of the floor). I did manage to do a couple of things right. We did visit the Easter Bunny in advance of Easter. Granted, it helps that he set up shop right next to the Godiva store. Being a member, I get a free piece of chocolate once a month, so visiting the Easter Bunny made for a good excuse to get my frozen chocolate drink and candy. In addition, I mustered the energy to make eggs, bacon, and hash browns for breakfast on Easter Sunday.

One last glaring mistake that I only just noticed: I didn't take pictures of my children dressed up for Easter. So, if anyone was running around with a camera at Easter and happened to take pictures of my monsters, please let me know, as I would love to get copies.

In the end, no one seems upset with the haul from Easter (three egg hunts should make up for any lack of candy mom may have purchased). Plus, Mike got Hannah a beautiful Easter basket at Target on Monday 50% off, so we are ahead of the game for 2011.Happy Belated Easter.

Love, The Trahans

1 comment:

Christie said...

I LOVE the fact that you had to get her an iCarly Easter basket. That was the funniest part of the whole story. And no worries - I learned that the Easter Bunny is el-cheapo compared to Granna...next year the Bunny better start budgeting beforehand and pull it together a bit better.