Monday, April 26, 2010

Teaching for Parents

Homework time this evening didn't go as planned. With Mike working late, Hannah drove Mikie and I crazy with her efforts to push him out of his desk chair and take over. It doesn't help that Mikie doesn't like to sit, preferring to "perch" on the edge of the chair. This gives Nibbles ample opportunity to wedge her petite self between the back of Mikie and the back of the chair. From there, it's just a matter of sticking out her butt to knock him off and take over. She may be small, but she is feisty. . .

Eventually, I decided to get Mikie's old desk for Hannah to sit at. And, her big brother was quick to give her crayons. By the time I realized how precariously close to the cream colored walls she and the not-washable crayons were, I didn't have the energy to deal with the hysterics that would ensue when I took them away.

And, so began homework time at the Trahan household. Nibbles sat scribbling on Mikie's Handy Manny coloring book (I know, I should really get her some girly coloring books) while Mikie wrote and colored his assignment. And this is why I am not a teacher. As the photos illustrate, if I have this much trouble keeping two children's attention, 20 such cherubs would surely eat me alive.

Love, The Trahans

1 comment:

Pookie said...

Such cute students.