Wednesday, April 09, 2008

Boys vs. Girls

Last week, before leaving for work, I told Mikie that we both needed to use the bathroom before leaving for work. A lot of times, he insists that he doesn't need to go, only to make me pull over half way to work because he has to "go pee-pee on the road". When I make it a rule that both of us need to follow, he seems to be more receptive.

So, I stood in line, waiting my turn to use the bathroom as Mikie went in and started to pee. He looked back at me and said "Come on, Mom. You can go too."

Alas, I had to explain that, unlike Daddy, I could not pee standing up. The girls have to sit down to use the potty. Of course, that warranted the standard "Why?" I explained that girls don't have penises, only boys do, all the while praying that he would not ask "Why" again.

Thankfully, he seemed content knowing he was special, and let me use the bathroom in peace. And, more importantly, forestalling the involved conversation of anatomy for a time when he is (hopefully) much older.

Love, The Trahans

No comments: