Remember the old saying:
Snakes and Snails and Puppy Dogs Tails
That's what little boys are made of.
Boy, were they right. Once again, we sent Mikie off to school looking clean and handsome. Appropriately, he was wearing his "Big Trouble Comes In Small Packages" shirt (which amuses all the staff at daycare).
I think that my child has some magnetic attraction for dirt. The little girls may have toussled hair, but their white stockings are still white, and their faces pristine. Even the other boys look more tidy than Mikie by 5pm. This evening, Mikie took dirty to a new level. The soles of his socks were covered in dirt and wood chips (how this is possible when his shoes were on his feet is a mystery). His hands looked like they had been dipped in dirt: dirt covering the backs and palms, clinging into ever crease and fold, embedded deep under his nails. His face gave new meaning to "five o'clock shadow": the makings of a dirt beard and moustache surrounding his mouth. And, to complete the look: a runny nose.
His teacher's response: "At least you know he had fun."
With Mikie, I never need to worry that he isn't having fun. What I need to worry about is my water bill, as I have to repeatedly wash him and his clothes multiple times a day.
Love, The Trahans
November 2012 . in pictures
13 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment