Wednesday, April 09, 2008

Simple Pleasures

It's a bird. . . it's a plane. . . no, it's a SPACE MONKEY!!!

It's amazing what amuses kids. The owner of the daycare recently told me that he felt justified in increasing the tuition by "purchasing" some new toys for the kids. . .

Mikie's toy monkey (aka, the daycare monkey that he adopted a few months ago) now has his own space suit to better equip him for his adventures in space.
As you can see, Space Monkey has his own "helmet" (plastic cup with drawn on smiley face) and "jet pack" (cut up toilet paper roll secured to waist with a rubber band). I am not sure if it could withstand a solar flare, but it seems to hold up against the pommelling of an adoring three year old.

If only I had known in December that a cup, toilet paper roll, and rubber band would amuse my son more than any other toy, I could have saved a lot of money.

Love, The Trahans

No comments: