Wednesday, November 05, 2008

Election Results

Unless you are living under a rock (pardon the pun if you just read Politics and Preschool), I don't need to tell you who won the Presidential election yesterday. However, equally as anticipated are the results of the "Name Baby Trahan" election. . .

In addition to the poll on the blog, someone at work labeled the wipe-out board outside my office with "Name Lauren's Baby" and started brainstorming suggestions. This produced a plethora of names, some good, and some atrocious. After a week, I pared down the names significantly and we began voting amongst the remaining names. It stunned many that we were so desperate, we would resort to soliciting names from others. Yet, everyone continued to stop by and comment, providing endless entertainment for all. My office wipe-off board was like the water-cooler in a SNL skit. Although, instead of calling the baby "Stevemeister", we got names like "Sadie", "Evelyn" (from the truly brainwashed, I mean DEDICATED employee), and Cliffette (from one of our VPs, Cliff), just to name a few of the really awful suggestions.

So onto the winners. Each vote was counted once (in spite of my threat to let people I liked stuff the ballot for a great name). Each write-in was counted as one vote. If multiple people wrote in the same name, that name got multiple votes. And, Mike and I refrained from voting (since I have the ultimate veto, it didn't really matter how we voted).

To keep it simple, I am only including results for names that received more than one vote. So, Maisie, Fallyn, Zoe, Michaela, etc. all failed to make the cut.

And the results are:

Molly - 3 votes
Olivia - 3 votes
Emily - 4 votes
Cassandra (Cassie) - 5 votes
Madison - 7 votes
Emma - 8 votes
Rebecca (Becca) - 10 votes
Keira - 11 votes

Sadly, as much as I love the name "Emma Reilly Trahan" (especially when you yell it, which Mikie finds amusing), Mike is violently opposed to it. He doesn't have a good reason, he just hates it. And, Olivia, Emily, and Madison seem to be too popular (Mikie has two Olivia's in his class). This narrows it down to Molly, Cassandra, Rebecca, and Keira.

Which brings us to Indecision 2008. . . Ever the planner, Mike thinks we should just PICK A NAME. I think we should wait until she is born and THEN pick the final name. Because, in my head, Rebecca has brown or "raven-colored hair" (I know, I should have read less as a child). So, if the baby is a red-head, she can't be "Rebecca". But she could be a "Molly", since Molly has red hair. Keira could be red or blonde/light brown. And, I haven't decided what Cassandra looks like, although I knew two Cassandra's in high school, both of whom had brown hair.

So stay tuned. Hopefully by the time she arrives, Nibbles will have a real name.

Love, The Trahans

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Yeah, Cassandra's have dark raven colored hair. I still like Keira -and technically it did get the most votes!