Saturday, November 15, 2008

What a Mess

This post could also be titled "How Many Clothes Does One Kid Need?" But, that seemed too long. . .

Last Saturday, I felt ambitious, and decided to tackle sorting through Mikie's clothes. We have kept most of Mikie's clothes since birth. I think we did it because we figured we had a 50/50 chance of having another boy. And, since he had a lot of really nice clothes that were never even worn (wrong size or season), it seemed a shame to get rid of anything. Now that we know we are having a girl, I decided to cull through everything, looking for "unisex" outfits, and sorting everything else by size in preparation for donating things or having a yard sale.

This was a HUGE undertaking. I had been vacuum sealing everything into Space Bags, so it didn't look like that much stuff. Unfortunately, I never sorted it before bagging it, so there were 2T clothes mixed in with clothes ranging from 0 months to 18 months.

Here is a picture of the chaos:By late afternoon, everything was sorted and put away. And, Nibbles ended up with a laundry basket of onesies, sleep sacs, and a handful of sleepers in white, yellow, or sage.

Now that she has some clothes to wear, all we need to do is finish (or at least start) putting together a room for her to sleep in.

Love, The Trahans

1 comment:

Christie said...

That looks exactly like my bonus room looked earlier this week. At least you are doing this 3 months early...unlike me. :-)