Saturday, November 15, 2008

Trouble

To anyone who wonders why we affectionately call our son "Trouble", this post should explain everything.

While Mike and I were sorting through baby clothes and starting to prep the nursery for paint, Mikie was playing nicely in the family room. Or so we thought. . .

I came downstairs every 30 minutes or so to check on him (make sure he hadn't used his sharpie marker on the walls, see if he needed a snack, etc.). After lunch, I finished putting away all the clothes and jumped in the shower, leaving Mike to check on our child. I hadn't gotten out of the shower, before Mike was screaming for me to hurry downstairs and see what our son had done. When I arrived, Mikie was sitting innocently in the family room, bouncing on my yoga ball and watching Alvin and the Chipmunks. I asked Mike what the big deal was, when he pointed at the kitchen table:Evidently, after finishing his lunch, Mikie decided to help himself to a snack. He grabbed his step stool from the bathroom, unlocked the pantry doors, opened them up, and, instead of reaching for his Halloween candy, he helped himself to my stash of Reese's Peanut Butter cups. FIVE REESE'S CUPS!!!! And, his plan would have worked without mom and dad ever knowing, if only he got rid of the wrappers.

The tummy ache he had later that day made him regret his binge. So, I don't think he will help himself to more anytime soon. Hopefully.

Love, The Trahans

No comments: