Sunday, July 19, 2009

Like Mother Like Daughter

Or brother? When Mikie was born, I always said he looked like me. He obviously has Mike's coloring, but I still believe he has a lot of my facial features. However, as he has gotten older, people argue more and more that he looks exactly like Mike. Mike RARELY drives to Connecticut to pick Mikie up from daycare, so some of the staff don't know him. Each time he has gone, all I hear the next day is "Mikie looks EXACTLY like his dad" or "I had never met your husband, but as soon as he walked in, I said, 'You must be Mikie's dad'."

As any woman who carried a child around for nine months and gave birth to him, it's pretty frustrating to not get credit for doing so. All I wanted was for ONE of my kids to look like me.

In spite of Hannah having red hair, everyone tells me how much she looks like Mikie. And, I will agree that they look alike. But, I still believe she looks like me too. So, I am posting pictures to prove my point:
MomHannahMikieHannah

So, if Hannah looks like me, and Hannah looks like Mikie, does that prove that Mikie also looks like me?

Love, The Trahans

2 comments:

Jenn said...

I think that Hannah looks just like! I see Mike in Mikie, but also some of your features. If it makes you feel any better, no one ever tells me Maci looks like me. I am often told she looks like my sister Jackie or Seth, hmm.

jj said...

yes. What is that, the transitive property of resemblance? :)