Normally, this would not be a difficult task. Except that being in limbo, all of my photos are packed safely in photo safe boxes inside cardboard boxes inside a storage facility 15 minutes from the apartment. And, since neither Mike nor I wanted to unpack an entire storage unit looking for a box that probably was all the way in the back, I decided we would take a new picture.
So, while in Providence for the baptism of Mike's godson, Arcangelo, we asked Mike's family to take a picture of the three of us. After much battling, here was the result:

This picture epitomizes our family. . . Mikie struggling for his independence while Mike and I try desperately to win the battle and get him to cooperate. Not 15 seconds later, Mikie was running lose again, doing laps around the interior of the church.
Last night, after another reminder from daycare that we still had not turned in a picture, we took a second family photo. With Mikie mesmerized by cartoons, we were able to set the timer on the camera and get Mikie to sit still long enough to take another picture:

While not as "true-to-life" as the first photo, I think I prefer the other parents to see this one hanging on the school bulletin board. That way, I can continue deluding myself into thinking Mike and I have the upper hand.
The Trahans
No comments:
Post a Comment