Wednesday, November 29, 2006

A Spiritual Awakening

When we put the house in Maryland up for sale, a number of people told us that if you bury a statue of St. Joseph upside down in your yard, your house will sell. While I originally thought this sounded sacreligious, after almost a month on the market, I figured it couldn't hurt to try. So, I ordered a St. Joseph Home Sale Kit (yes, they make kits for this) and buried him in my front flower bed. We ended up with an offer on the house the next day. . .

Once you have sold your house, you are supposed to dig up the statue and give Joseph a place of honor in your new home. Afraid that I would jinx the purchase of our new home before it was complete, I made Mike retrieve the statue from Maryland. And, Joseph has been sitting in our office (which doubles as our master bedroom) in the apartment for the last four weeks.

Evidently, if you are two, this 3" tall resin statue looks like a mini action figure. Every once in a while, I find Mikie in the office playing with Joseph.

Fast forward to last night. Mike and I climb into bed after a long day of working and packing, and an even longer evening trying to convince Mikie to go to sleep. I toss and turn, trying to get comfortable, when I realize something is digging into my shoulder. What do I find laying hidden under my pillow but St. Joseph. Evidently, similar to our son, Joseph wanted to sleep in "Mommy's bed".

Mike and I had a good laugh before returning Joseph to his perch on the desk. While they said give him a place of honor in your new home, I sincerely doubt they intended him to have his own bed.

The Trahans

No comments: