Sunday, November 19, 2006

Our Soon-to-Be New House

With 11 days left until we close on the new house, I figured I should finally take the time to e-mail details. It has nine rooms total: living room, dining room, kitchen, family room, office, 4 bedrooms, and 2 1/2 bathrooms.

I have dubbed it one of the "Christmas Tree houses". A Christmas Tree house by my definition was a house that could accomodate the Griswald Family Christmas tree. Since our family room is a) twice as big as the old house and b) has cathedral ceilings, it falls into this category. So, once we are moved in, we will begin our search for the Trahan Family Christmas tree. Mikie, who is slowly learning about Christmas traditions, is very excited about the idea of a big Christmas tree living in our house.

My favorite room other than the family room is the kitchen. It has everything I wanted to change about our old kitchen. . . Hardwood floors instead of vinyl (so that I don't have to spend nights scrubbing the floor on my hands and knees trying to get it to look clean). . . Granite counter tops. . . Stainless steel appliances, including the new refrigerator with freezer on the bottom. . . A ton of recessed lighting so that I can see when I am cooking. Basically, the only thing it didn't come with was a live in chef. But, sadly, I imagine that would have cost a lot more.

Mikie, who has been happy living in the apartment (especially since we were too lazy to put safety locks on the cabinets), is excited about the outside of the house. Our lot is a little over 0.6 acres, which is HUGE versus what houses were built on in Maryland. You could only get a new construction with that large a lot if you had a sewer and well water. So, there is plenty of space for him to run around. In addition to being bigger, the backyard comes complete with a swingset.
Mike is just happy that he can park his precious car in a garage again. And, that he can stop listening to me complain about the apartment.

So, if you are in Massachusetts any time after November 30th, stop by and visit us in our new home.

Love,
The Trahans

No comments: