With only two days left before we close on the new house, we have been trying to pack everything in the apartment. We don't have too much to pack, mostly clothes, but we did have to pack up all our dishes. I had the genius idea to purchase paper bowls, cups, plates, and utensils to use for the week so that we could pack most of the real dishes.
Unfortunately, my genius plan has failed. Tonight, we were enjoying meatloaf (one of Mikie's favorite meals) when I heard a crunch. Now, while I may not be Emeril, I pride myself on being able to cook a tasty meatloaf. So, I know it does not go "crunch". Suddenly, I hear Mike saying "Spit that out" and realized what happened. My super strong toddler bit right through the prong of his plastic fork. And, true to his headstrong personality, Trouble swallowed the prong.
Since he didn't choke. . . didn't cry. . . laughed at the horrified looks on our faces and ate another slice of meatloaf, I assume he is going to live. He may not enjoy it so much tomorrow when it exits his body, but for now he is amused. And, he has earned the privledge to dirty real utensils while the rest of us use disposable ones.
Ah, the joys of parenting. . .
Love, The Trahans
Tuesday, November 28, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment