I am going to write a book of all the excuses my child has come up with. Needing to go to Target because it might close FOREVER is still one of my favorites. But, this morning he had a pretty good one for why he needed a Reese's Peanut Butter Cup for breakfast. . .
Mikie: whining "I need a piece of candy because I'm sad because on Friday I was choking all day."
Mom: "So, let me see if I understand. You need a piece of candy because on FRIDAY you were choking all day?"
Mikie: exasperated "Okay, so now can I have a piece of candy?"
I rationalized that Reese's contain peanut butter, an excellent source of protein (and therfore good for you). And, honestly, is it that different from the peanut butter sandwich he occasionally eats for breakfast? So, I compromised and gave him half. With some muffins (whose nutritional value Mike will not question when reading this post).
In addition to writing the book, I am going to have "Sucker" tatooed on my forehead. . .
Love, The Trahans
November 2012 . in pictures
13 years ago
1 comment:
We can't wait to read your book of Excuses. We love the ones you've shared already :)
Post a Comment