This weekend, we went to Pennsylvania to visit my mom, dad, and sister. As with most of our family, we quickly realized that no one wanted to spend time with Mike and I; they really just wanted to see Mikie. So, Mike and I took our cue and went out to dinner on Friday night, leaving Mikie to the care of Grandma Pookie and Auntie Katie.
As any doting grandma would do, they decided to take Mikie to his favorite restaurant, Friendly's. By the time they left, Mikie was starving. When they arrived, the waiter came over to take their drink order. Not one to be shy, Mikie announced "I would like a hotdog with french fries and chicken nuggets." My mom and sister discouraged him from ordering so much food. The waiter put in an order for a hotdog and french fries for Mikie while Grandma Pookie and Katie continued to decide what to eat.
Mikie's food arrives, and he INHALES it. Not only does he eat everything on his plate, he helps himself to my mom's french fries. The waiter stopped by to see how everyone was doing. Mikie quickly announced, "I would like a chocolate Monster Mash." My sister told him it wasn't time to order ice cream, that she and my mom were still eating. So, Mikie sat quietly, waiting for them to finish.
Shortly after the waiter left, he reappeared at the table behind Mikie and asked what they would like for dessert. Mikie turned around in his seat and announced "I would like a chocolate Monster Mash."
Eventually, he got his ice cream. And he ate every last drop (he literally held the cup up to his face to lick out the rest. . . I don't know who he gets that from).
Love, The Trahans
November 2012 . in pictures
13 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment