Sunday, August 31, 2008

This Little Piggie

My Aunt, Lisa, has three boys. And she told me one day, while I was bemoaning bribing Mikie to do something, that it isn't "bribery" it's an "incentive". In my head, I do feel less guilty when I think of it that way.

After our trek to the Woodstock Fair, I took Mikie to Snip-Its for a much needed haircut. I hate Snip-Its. The "stylists" (and I use the term loosely) never seem to do a good job cutting his hair. And, part of the reason is that the position the computer screen that shows little animated video clips of hair cutting tools above eye level. Who gets there hair cut and it told to look at the ceiling? So, even the most skilled stylist would have trouble given the fact that every child in there inevitably looks up at the screen instead of down at their toes.

In an effort to get Mikie to follow directions, I told him that he could have an ice cream if he sat very still and followed directions. I regretted my promise after the fact, since my patience had worn thin at the hair cut place. Regardless, we went to Cold Stone and paid for some overpriced ice cream.

For whatever reason, Mikie decided to further test my patience by forgetting how to use the spoon that came with his ice cream. After about five futile attempts at getting him to use his spoon like a normal person, I did the next best thing. . . pulled out the camera to document my misery for all posterity. Click on the picture for a laugh:Well, at least we know in spite of his appearance, he IS related to me. Because only my child would stick his face into the ice cream bowl to get every last bit. Of course, I wait until I have eaten the majority of the ice cream first, and drink the melty part. But, he has 26 years to perfect his technique.

Love, The Trahans

No comments: